When you book an appointment with a psychic medium, some of things you need do beforehand include:
- Get references from friends, colleagues, and websites
- Review their reading policies
- Ask what will happen if you cancel or can’t make the appointment
- Ask what will happen if the psychic medium cannot connect to your loved one (or connects to someone other than who you wanted), if nothing makes sense, or if nothing resonates with you
- Will a refund or partial refund be granted if nothing resonates?
Every now and then, I get comments about other practitioners. Clients were not happy with the reading, they paid too much, didn’t get anything and nothing made sense. To avoid disappointment or confusion, I strongly recommend everyone ask questions before booking the reading
Just because a psychic medium charges big bucks doesn’t mean they are the cream of the crop or best at what we do. Bob Olsen has a great article about this. Here is the link:
The truth is, some readers are fantastic and charge a lot, while some that are fantastic do not charge a lot. There is also everyone in between.
There are many circumstances where readings just don’t work out. Below are some of the following reasons why:
- You may have unrealistic expectations (usually these can be a barrier).
- You aren’t truly open to whoever comes through. You want a specific loved one to come through, not Uncle Joe. But Uncle Joe is so thrilled to come through, he shows up first. This is the spirit realm for your highest good. The one you want to talk to may be next to connect. Remember, there is no control over spirit; they do and say what they want, when they want.
- The medium is having a bad day. Bummer, but true. Just before the reading, she got a call that disturbs the energy, and that’s when they need to be honest and say, “Today is not working out, can we reschedule or would you like a refund?”
- Sometimes, the medium just cannot connect. Plain and simple. Not happening. The reader must be honest and say, “I am getting nothing.”
As you can see, there are many variables. Working with spirit is amazing, and one of the closest contacts you can have with spirit and clients. The truth is … we are not perfect. Sometimes we just can’t connect, and that is normal.
I recently did a reading where nothing made sense. Having a hard time connecting sometimes out of the blue is normal. I stopped the reading and said, “We can either reschedule and try another day, or I’ll give a full refund.” But I do this in the first 10 minutes of the reading. Usually I know before the reading how it’s going to go, as I am already connecting.
There are times when I get on the phone or Skype and I look at them, and feel them, and I can’t see anything. This happens.
There are so many new, young mediums who are amazing, but they feel bad because not every reading is 100%. This disturbs me. This is not TV, this is real reading. We don’t cut the bad parts out. We don’t edit, we don’t make it all pretty and perfect. It is what it is.
I have also experienced readings where I told clients things and they all made sense and they recognized their loved one, but they were unable to see them. Sometimes clients can, but most cannot. Clients can get frustrated with this; usually they can feel them with help from me and asking the loved one to touch or connect at the heart with them. Some people can feel the energy. Some can’t.
If you’re angry and still in a lot of pain over the death of a loved one, you may need to wait a while. Who isn’t suffering when someone you love dies? Spirit knows when the time is right to connect to a medium.
The truth is, from my place of being, I am here to serve. We are not all perfect like TV. It’s okay to be wrong, and it’s okay not to get everything right. As a medium, you must care and be centered in love but not ego, so that means you are not perfect, and not always right. The duty is to tell the client and be honest.
Leave a Reply